Come and discover the Lismore Rainforest Botanic Gardens
The Lismore Rainforest Botanic Gardens offer a lovely place to relax or walk. There is plenty to see and do in this beautiful rainforest. Why not…
- Take one of the many self-guided walks through the gardens. There are many sealed paths and bush tracks through young rainforest or the well-established hoop pine forest.
- Observe native wildlife including koalas, wallabies and a great variety of birdlife – over 100 species have been sighted so far.
- Bring a picnic – there many shaded spots to stop, and picnic tables scattered throughout the gardens.
- Photograph or paint the native plants and wildlife.
- Educate yourself in the Useful Plants Garden by finding out about the uses of many of the local rainforest plants.
- Host an event at the Lismore City Environment Education Centre or in the grounds – there are several open shelters with plenty of seating (fees may apply).
- Simply enjoy the ambience of being in nature.