Recycling your electronic waste
Unwanted computers, computer accessories and televisions can be dropped off for recycling at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre free of charge. Under a program called TechCollect, electronic waste is recycled into many components which can have another useful life instead of going to landfill.
The types of products covered by TechCollect are:
Computers and computer products
- Personal computers
- Laptops, notebooks, palmtops and tablets
- Computer monitors
- Parts for personal computers e.g. internal hard drives, motherboards, cards, internal power supplies, CPUs, DVD and CD drives
- Computer peripherals e.g. mice, keyboards, joysticks, game-pads, scanners, web cameras
- Printers e.g. ink-jet, dot matrix, laser and multi-functional devices
These items can also be recycled but a fee may apply:
- Mobile phones
- Game consoles e.g. Microsoft Xbox or Sony Playstation
- Video recorders
- DVD players
- Power tools
- Universal power supplies
Please note: Collection is for the general public and small businesses only; not commercial quantities. Heavily damaged or dismantled equipment may be classified as waste and a fee may apply. And please remember, it is your responsibility to delete any data from your devices.
For more information or enquiries, visit www.techcollect.com.au.