Changes to waste and recycling services due to COVID-19
Council has made changes to operations at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre and Nimbin Transfer Station due to COVID-19.
Residents and businesses may visit the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre or the Nimbin Transfer Station during opening hours - bookings are no longer required.
Below is what you may currently dispose of at these facilities.
- Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre: General waste and green waste (fees apply) and recycling (free). Recycling includes cardboard, paper, glass, plastics and aluminium.
- Nimbin Transfer Station: General waste (fees apply) and recycling (free).
Household items for the Revolve Shop and hazardous wastes are still not being accepted at this time and the Revolve Shop and Brewster Street Drop-off Centre remain closed until further notice.
We ask that you continue to store household items for disposal once services return to normal and the Revolve Shop is open. If you do choose to bring these items to our facilities, you will be charged at the general waste rate of $298 per tonne.
Please note the following operating rules before visiting our waste facilities:
- All waste must be securely contained, wrapped or bagged so the contents cannot spill.
- All recycling must be placed into the appropriate skip. Staff cannot help customers unload.
- If you are bringing green waste, please note that if there is anything other than organic matter detected, the entire load will be charged at the general waste rate.
- Residents should keep large household items at home (if possible) for later disposal once operations return to normal.
- All visitors must pay for waste disposal using electronic payment – cash is no longer accepted. Please use tap and go wherever possible.
- No hazardous materials will be accepted until further notice.
The Return and Earn bulk collection centre (for recycling 100+ containers) is open from Wednesday to Friday from 8am to 3pm and Saturday from 9am to 3pm. No bookings are required but you must follow all safety procedures on site.
The Lismore Revolve Shop, Brewster Street Drop-off Centre and the Lismore Rainforest Botanic Gardens remain closed.
Current Operating Hours
Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre
Monday to Friday 7.30am to 3.30pm
Saturday & Sunday 9am to 4pm
Nimbin Transfer Station
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 8am to 3pm
For more information refer to our Fact Sheet