Electronic waste voucher systemProperty Owners: Apply for a waste voucher if you are a property owner.
Tenants: Apply for a waste voucher if you are a tenant.
Only apply for a voucher if you intend to use it within the next 30 days.
To apply for a waste voucher, property owners will require their rates assessment number and tenants will be required to upload proof of tenancy.
Councillors voted during their 2020/2021 budget considerations to limit the number of vouchers to one per property annually, capped at 5000.
This typically means 416 vouchers will be available each month, depending on the number of vouchers that are redeemed.
Each voucher will have an expiry date of 30 days from the date of issue.
Once expired, any unused vouchers will be returned to the pool of remaining vouchers and made available for issue in future months. Returned vouchers will be allocated evenly across all remaining months in the year.
The following maximum volumes will be accepted:
- 200 kilograms of mixed general waste (not sortable)
- 333 kilograms of self-sort waste (50% recoverable)
- 714 kilograms of green waste
- 1,666 kilograms or 1.6 tonne of scrap steel
- One gassed whitegood or two un-gassed whitegoods
- Five car/4x4 tyres or one truck tyre