Electronic waste voucher system
Lismore City Council offers all residential and business properties free visits to the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre or Nimbin Transfer Station each year through our electronic waste voucher system.
The system entitles residents and commercial/business owners and/occupiers to two free visits to the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre or Nimbin Transfer Station each year. Voucher holders can dispose of approximately one ute or trailer load of waste each visit. The following maximum volumes will be accepted:
- 200 kilograms of mixed general waste (not sortable)
- 333 kilograms of self-sort waste (50% recoverable)
- 714 kilograms of green waste
- 1,666 kilograms or 1.6 tonne of scrap steel
- One gassed whitegood or two un-gassed whitegoods
- Five car/4x4 tyres or one truck tyre
People who bring more than these amounts will incur standard waste disposal charges. Please note no asbestos or commercial quantities of chemicals are allowed.
For further details read our Waste Voucher Information Sheet.