Disposing of green waste at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre
You can drop off bulk green waste at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre. The costs for green waste drop-off are as follows:
Cars/station wagons < 100kg: $8
Utilities/trailers 100kg to 300kg: $20
Loads over 300kg – charged at tonne rate: $65
All the organic material dropped off at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre and what we collect from kerbside organics bins is turned into BIOcycle compost and mulch for local farms and backyard gardens.
The certified organic BIOcycle compost is magic for any garden and is suitable for use by organic farmers and producers.
We produce several compost and mulch products which can be purchased from the weighbridge at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre from 7am to 3.45pm Monday to Friday.
Products and prices are as follows:
BIOcycle Compost 10mm (a great additive to enhance the quality of your soil): $35 per cubic metre
BIOcycle Kerbside Organic Mulch 20mm: $35 per cubic metre
BIOcycle Green Waste Mulch 20mm (bulk prices on application): $35 per cubic metre
BIOcycle Green Waste Chunky Mulch Unscreened: $15 per cubic metre
All of our compost and mulch products are certified organic. (BFA Registered Product 11538AI). For more information phone 1300 87 83 87.
Important site safety information:
- Please keep children inside your vehicle at all times.
- Beware of heavy machinery and trucks while on site.
Important information for mulch and compost users:
- Products have been composted for a minimum of 12 weeks before sale, however not all weed seeds will be destroyed.
- Keep the compost and mulch at least 5cm away from the base of all plants.
BIOcycle composts and mulches:
- Minimise the need for watering.
- Will assist in reducing weed growth.
- Encourages earth worms and soil microbes.
- Protects plants from hot and cold weather.
- Will assist in minimising soil erosion.
There are health warnings around the use of mulch and compost. For information please read our Compost & Mulch Safety Guide.