Waste facility open this Sunday due to ANZAC Day closure
Thursday, 23 April 2020
The Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre will open this Sunday to cater for weekend waste disposal as the centre will be closed on Saturday, 25 April for ANZAC Day.
The facility will be open to the public on Sunday, 26 April from 9am to 4pm.
All residents and business operators can currently dispose of general waste and green waste, but bookings are essential.
People can book via our COVID-19 page – a vehicle registration number and email address is required. Anyone without internet access can phone 1300 87 83 87 during business hours to book.
Residents are asked to be aware of the following changed operating procedures at the facility due to COVID-19:
- Waste must be securely contained, wrapped or bagged so the contents cannot spill.
- All waste accepted at the facility (including household recycling and household items) will be treated as COVID-19 contaminated and charged at the general waste rate.
- Customers are urged to store recycling and large household items until operations return to normal. Customers that choose to bring these items to the facility will be charged at the general waste rate of $298 per tonne. Council must treat all items as COVID-19 contaminated and send them to landfill, which is why the general waste rate must be charged.
- Green waste is being accepted as normal but bookings are now required. Please note if there is anything other than organic matter found in green waste, the full load will be charged at the general waste rate.
- All visitors must pay using electronic payment – cash is no longer accepted. Please use tap and go wherever possible.
- Existing waste vouchers will be honoured. No new vouchers will be issued until further notice.
- No hazardous materials will be accepted until further notice.
The Lismore Revolve Shop, the Container Deposit Scheme bulk collection centre, the Brewster Street Drop-off Centre and the Lismore Rainforest Botanic Gardens are all closed until further notice.
For bookings visit the COVID-19 page or phone 1300 87 83 87.
Friday, 28 August 2020
Lismore City Council is pleased to announce that the popular Revolve Shop at the Recycling & Recovery Centre will re-open next week after it was closed due to COVID-19.> Read More
Monday, 27 July 2020
Lismore City Council is pleased to announced that waste vouchers will be available from 4pm on Thursday, July 30 from the Northern Rivers Waste website.> Read More
Tuesday, 23 June 2020
Lismore City Council is pleased to inform residents that it is once again accepting asbestos at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre in Wyrallah Road and that the facility's Community Recycling Centre has also reopened.> Read More
Wednesday, 13 May 2020
Residents and businesses are no longer required to make bookings to visit the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre or the Nimbin Transfer Station.> Read More
Wednesday, 29 April 2020
The Return and Earn bulk collection centre at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre in Wyrallah Road has reopened today, 29 April, with new COVID-19 safety measures in place.> Read More
Wednesday, 22 April 2020
Lismore City Council has eased restrictions on the disposal of waste at its Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre and the Nimbin Transfer Station, however, bookings to visit these facilities remain essential.> Read More
Tuesday, 31 March 2020
The Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre and the Nimbin Transfer Station have reopened today as essential services only.> Read More
Monday, 30 March 2020
Booking are now ESSENTIAL to attend the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre and the Nimbin Transfer Station.> Read More
Thursday, 19 March 2020
The Brewster Street Drop-off Centre has been closed until further notice due to COVID-19.> Read More
Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Lismore City Council is taking a proactive approach in response to the rapidly-changing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and has closed the Lismore Revolve Shop indefinitely.> Read More
Wednesday, 18 March 2020
The Lismore Rainforest Botanic Gardens have been closed until further notice due to COVID-19.> Read More
Monday, 16 March 2020
Services at our Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre and the Nimbin Transfer Station are changing as we implement safety measures to protect our workers and the community from COVID-19.> Read More