Return and Earn bulk collection centre open
The Return and Earn bulk collection centre is located at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre in Wyrallah Road. Information on opening days and times can be found here.
The facility is open to anyone who wishes to recycle 100+ eligible containers.
The following operating procedures are currently in place due to COVID-19:
- People will be given a number on arrival and must stay in their car until their number is called.
- People will be required to place their items in specially marked bins before using the sorting table.
- Staff cannot assist visitors to lift heavy bins, bags etc onto the sorting table. People must be able to lift and move items themselves.
- Reimbursement will be in the form of cash provided in clear plastic bags.
Return & Earn rules
Containers cannot be broken or crushed, as the barcode must be able to be scanned by the counting machine. Any containers that are unable to be scanned will not be eligible for a refund.
Which containers can be returned for a refund?
Most 150ml to three-litre drink containers will be eligible for a 10-cent refund. Containers that may be eligible for a refund include:
- Liquid paperboard (cartons)
Containers should be empty, uncrushed, unbroken and have the original label attached. Wine, spirits, cordial and plain milk containers are generally not eligible.
Which containers aren't eligible for a refund?
Containers that cannot be deposited for a refund include:
- Plain milk (or milk substitute) containers
- Flavoured milk containers of one litre or more
- Pure fruit or vegetable juice containers of one litre or more
- Glass containers for wine and spirits
- Casks (plastic bladders in boxes) for wine or water of one litre or more
- Sachets for wine of 250ml or more
- Containers for cordials and concentrated fruit/vegetable juices
- Registered health tonics
For more information on the Return and Earn scheme, visit returnandearn.org.au.